AFC Summit Cup Tournament Questions and Answers
How do I register for the Summit Cup Tournament?
- You must register a new account or login to the tournament website www.afcsummitcup.com
- Register an existing team or add a new team.
- Make a payment online with your credit card to complete your registration.
- Registrations are taken on a first come basis some divisions fill up quickly, please register early to avoid being placed on a standby list.
- Registrations are considered complete only once payment has been received.
- Only once your registration is complete will your team be added to a group/pool for the tournament. Groups/Pools for the tournament will be created based on current tier and league standings. Careful consideration is taken to create groups/pools made up of teams of similar caliber and strength.
Will I receive a refund if my team drops out of the tournament?
- If your team pulls out of the tournament before May 4, 2019 you will receive a full refund less a $25.00 administration fee.
- If your team drops out of the tournament after May 5, 2019 you will forfeit your registration fee.
What is the ASA - Official Provincial Roster?
- The ASA is your official provincial roster form that lists all the players registered on your team with their birth dates and district registration number. You may need to contact your soccer organization for a copy of your ASA. Calgary teams may submit their CMSA roster that is generated from Goaline.
- Every player that participates in the tournament must be registered on a provincial roster, this includes all guest players, and you must also provide the guest players official team roster from the team they are registered with. If your team is from outside of Alberta, then your travel permit will suffice.
- All official team rosters need to be uploaded directly to the tournament website, whey you are logged into the website select the roster tab and click on the words “Drop your roster here or click to add one.’ You can then add your roster to the website.
What is a tournament roster?
- The tournament roster can be filled out on our website and is the list of players that will play for your team during the tournament. Be sure to check the tournament rules to confirm the correct number of players allowed for your age group and the rules and regulations for using guest players.
- Guest players must be indicated on the tournament roster.
- Once all the players are activated on your tournament roster they will show up on the game sheet. Game sheets will only be available once the schedules are posted.
What are the guidelines for using guest players?
What fields will my team play on for the tournament?
- There are maps for the field locations on the tournament website.
Where do I pick up the coach packet? What is included in the coach packet?
- The coach packet can be picked up at Herons Crossing for all U9 teams and Monklands for all U11 and up teams
- Coach packets will be available throughout the tournament
- Please have a member of your team come pick up your packet before your first game where possible.
Where do I hand in the game sheets? Where do I go to find tournament stats?
- Each team is required to provide a game sheet (these can be printed from the tournament website) and give to the referee at the start of each game.
- The game sheets will be left with the referee at the end of the game
- Tournament stats will be updated at www.afcsummitcup.com during the tournament
Where are the medals presented?
- Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three teams in each group. The medals will be presented after the last game in each group has been played and the results have been confirmed by tournament organizers.
What happens if my team is place on a standby/wait list?
- Your team may be placed on a standby list if the group/ division you are entering is has reached the maximum number of teams we can accept
- Your team may also be placed on a standby list if we do not have enough teams that match your team’s caliber to create a group for the tournament.
- Teams that are placed on a standby list will be contacted by tournament organizers if an appropriate spot opens up from a team dropping out of the tournament. We will only fill spots with teams of equal caliber.